I was at an event this week and told someone that I was a Health Coach. Which is sometimes awkward because many don’t understand what that means. I’ve put together this list to help others understand.
You Might Need a Health Coach IF…
- You want to start eating better, but you just don’t know where to start. Changing your diet is a journey. It won’t work if you try to change everything at once. It would drive you nuts. As a health coach, I can help you by creating a road map for your healthier eating journey.
- You understand that you need to cut back on sugar, but it’s not that easy. You try, but then keep falling back to old ways. That’s where a health coach can help. I can guide you in ways that will satisfy your sweet tooth without consuming refined sugar.
- You have some non-specific digestive issues. Perhaps it’s bloating or gas. Or diarrhea or constipation. You would like to feel better, but want to avoid going to the doctor. The thing is, there are a number of reasons that this could be happening. As a health coach I can work with you to figure out what’s going on.
- You have acid reflux and the results you’re getting with your doctor aren’t really helping. They seem to only treat the symptoms. And maybe you don’t want to have to take an antacid every day. As a health coach studying functional nutrition, I can help you figure out what’s really going on in there and help you find real relief.
- You want to reduce your toxin exposure. Maybe you’re a new mom, or even expecting. OR, you could just want to limit exposure for yourself and your family. I know about toxins. They have been part of my health problem for many years. I strive to keep them out of my life. Or at least out of my home. And I can definitely help you do the same.
- You have chronic migraines or headaches and are desperate for relief. The doctors only offer pills that don’t really seem to help, especially when all you want is to make them stop. You ask the doctor Why? and he gives your more pills. Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I’ve been there. And my frustration lead me to figure out the causes or triggers for my migraines. If you’re ready for real relief, I can help.
- You’ve just learned you have diabetes and have no idea what changes you should make in your diet. Diabetes doesn’t have to mean you’re on insulin. You can take control and I can help.
- You or a family member has a food allergy or food sensitivity. You’ll no doubt have lots of questions and want to know how you can prepare food safely. At the same time, you still want tasty meals and you want to ensure that meals are balanced. As a health coach, I’ve been trained to help you with that.
- Autoimmunity – Your doctor may not talk about the perfect storm of circumstances that conspired to bring on your autoimmunity. And he may not tell you that one autoimmunity leads to another. What you’re putting in your mouth is critical to optimal health if you’ve been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. We can work together to ensure that what you’re eating is supporting you and your autoimmune condition.
- Something else? Just ask. Maybe you have an issue that isn’t listed above, or something that is awkward to talk about but is getting in the way of optimal health. As a health coach, I will keep your confidence. What we discuss goes no further. If it’s a problem I can help you with, I’m happy to help you. Or I can find someone else who can.
Are you ready to get started? Use the contact page to get in touch with me.