Last week, I told everyone about my own issues with fragrances and chemicals. (Hint: to get the full picture, you should watch the video!) Over the years, through my various websites, I’ve had many questions from others who are chemically sensitive.
Below, I’ve listed a number of questions that I’ve had to answer for myself or for others. I have stories for many of these questions from my own experiences.
- What health issues do fragrances cause for you?
- Are you sensitive to other chemicals or just fragrances?
- Have you ever had someone sit next to you in church, at the movies or on public transportation with too much perfume on?
- How do you handle the situation where someone wearing strong cologne or perfume sits next to you in church, in a movie or in public transportation?
- Have you found fragrance free solutions for your shampoo?
- Have you found fragrance free solutions for your hair conditioner?
- Have you found fragrance free solutions for your hair spray?
- Have you found fragrance free solutions for your hair mousse or gel?
- Have you found fragrance free solutions for your laundry?
- Some products that claim to be ‘scent free’ use what is called a masking fragrance, presumably to mask the smell of the chemicals in the product. Are you sensitive to these as well?
- Have you ever bought clothing at a garage sale only to find that you couldn’t get the fragrance smell out?
- Have you ever had to tell someone that their perfume or fragrance was bothering you?
- If you did have to tell someone about their perfume, what was their reaction?
- Has your fragrance and/or chemical sensitivity impacted your ability to work oustide the home?
- Have you had problems with house guests who insist on spraying their fragranced products in your home?
- How has your sensitivity affected your personal relationships?
- Do you react to pesticides? Have you found a good solution? (If you live in South Texas, you cannot ignore this issue entirely.)
- Do you use a traditional dry cleaner? Do those chemicals bother you?
- Are there any ‘natural’ smells that bother you? For example, many strong smells – including some essential oils and cooking smells – bother me.
- What fragranced or chemical product have you not found a good solution for?
I would love to hear your answers to any/all of these questions. You can either leave a comment below or, if you want it to be private, you can use my contact page.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015