I’m in the middle of planning out 2015 and one thing I like to do is look back at what happened in 2014. What posts were popular? What post got the most comments? And then decided what I can do with this information.
Here are the top 5 posts of 2014:
- Do Essential Oils Cause Migraines and Headaches? – I wrote this post because I am super sensitive to smells, even those considered natural. When I wrote it, I was pretty sure that there were others with similar issues. Sure enough, this post, originally published in November of 2012, is still my most popular one. It’s sad to think that so many have this sensitivity.
- Serving Size is Arbitrary – I think the reason this post gets so much traffic is because I used a label from the most popular soda. People come to my blog post looking for the ‘nutrition information’ for sodas.
- Last Word – It’s incredible how persistent this story about a microwave experiment can be. A poorly designed experiment. That asked the wrong question. And leaped to conclusions based on a tiny, tiny amount of data. To be honest, I regret having ever written the series. I took the series down last year and forwarded all the links to this one post. And still they come.
- Body Odor and Artificial Fabrics – Coming in at number 4 is a post about body odor? It was an interesting discovery.
- Why I Will No Longer Take Benadryl® – I wrote this post because I knew that I was not the only one with a bad reaction to diphenhydramine. I wanted to let people know that reactions can vary. To this day, I still refuse to take the drug.
So, that is what was popular in 2014. What do I have planned for 2015? I’ll give you a hint: It is loosely based on topics similar to 2, maybe 3, of the posts above. I’ll have more info for you real soon!
Happy New Year!
What do you want to learn more about in 2015?