Anna’s Chicken was named for my niece. She came to our house to visit and fell in love with this chicken. She ate this chicken, and only this chicken, for dinner, breakfast and then lunch.
- 1¼ lbs chicken breast, sliced lengthwise. OR 1¼ lbs chicken tenders
- ¾ c whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ c buttermilk (sub milk)
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- ⅔ c bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt & pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture.
- Whisk egg and milk. Dip chicken in milk/egg mixture.
- Add bread crumbs to remaining flour mixture. Dredge chicken in this mixture.
- Saute chicken in 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium high heat in oven-proof skillet – 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Put pan in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Use caution with the skillet handle when the skillet is removed from the oven.
You could even cut the chicken into nugget sized pieces, for when the kids are asking for chicken nuggets.