What is a frittata? Really, a frittata is a quiche without the fuss or the carbs of a crust. It’s simpler than a quiche, but still has the egg, cheese, and veggie goodness. I’ve become a real frittata fan lately. This one involves my other 2 favorite foods: asparagus and Swiss cheese. What could *possibly* go wrong. Here goes!
Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Frittata
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Saute diced shallot in olive oil until transparent.
- Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs, cheese, milk, salt & pepper.
- Add egg mixture to skillet.
- Cook until eggs are set about ½ way.
- Put skillet in oven and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Use caution as skillet handle will be hot.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
After you make this recipe, please come back to http://mariposanaturals.com/recipes/asparagus-and-swiss-cheese-frittata/ and tell us how it turned out.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015