Years ago, my friends and I got together to re-create the fried mushrooms from a local restaurant. We pretty much succeeded, but it was a lot of work and a lot of calories. This version makes up quickly. The mushrooms come out very moist, too.
Fake Fried Mushrooms
Author: Barbara McNeely
- 1 lb whole, fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash mushrooms.
- Put eggs in a small bowl & beat well.
- In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Dip each mushroom in egg until fully coated.
- Then roll each mushroom in bread crumb mix.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
After you make this recipe, please come back to https://mariposanaturals.com/recipes/fake-fried-mushrooms/ and tell us how it turned out.