You can buy Greek seasoning in the grocery. I, personally, like to buy spices in bulk. They’re a lot cheaper and usually fresher. So, I decided to create my own Greek seasoning mix; researching many of the different Greek seasoning recipes and coming up with my own recipe. Below is my recipe, which turned out to be very tasty!
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1½ tsp Chopped, dried onion (or onion powder0
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Non-GMO Cornstarch
- 1½ tsp Granulated Garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well using a spice and nut grinder, mortar and pestle, or coffee grinder.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight lid.
- Use in salad dressings and any recipes calling for Greek seasoning.
You can easily double or triple this recipe to make larger batches.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015