The first time I cooked kale was just two years ago. Now it is a favorite in our house. It’s in season here in South Texas right now so we have it often. The secret to this recipe is the Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies! I checked, and there is no recipe on the Ro*Tel site that includes kale!
NOTE: For the particular recipe in the photos I used Dinosaur Kale, but any type of kale can be used.
- 1 Tbsp organic butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add kale and tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cover & cook for 15-20 minutes, until kale is tender.