The first time I cooked kale was just two years ago. Now it is a favorite in our house. It’s in season here in South Texas right now so we have it often. The secret to this recipe is the Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies! I checked, and there is no recipe on the Ro*Tel site that includes kale!
NOTE: For the particular recipe in the photos I used Dinosaur Kale, but any type of kale can be used.
Kale, Mushrooms, & Tomatoes
Author: Barbara McNeely
- 1 Tbsp organic butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add kale and tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cover & cook for 15-20 minutes, until kale is tender.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015
2 thoughts on “Kale, Mushrooms, & Tomatoes”
You had me at organic butter. Loooooooove butter. Heh.
Me, too, Lisa! And mushrooms and kale! Thanks for stopping by!