Kale is a power house green and one of the best foods you can eat. I’ve been exploring various ways to prepare kale. Here’s a dish where it’s combined with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and pasta.
Kale with Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Pasta
Author: Barbara McNeely
- 1 bag baby kale (roughly one pound), washed and shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces pasta (before cooking)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook tomatoes in olive oil & garlic powder until they begin to break apart.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes, until they begin to lose their moisture.
- Add kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine veggie mixture & pasta in a bowl and toss with parmesan cheese.