Visit the sale page on Mariposa Deodorant’s site for more information.
I haven’t used a commercial brand of deodorant in at least 10 years, opting instead for the more natural deodorants. Why is that, you might ask? It’s an excellent question, considering some of the natural deodorants aren’t as effective. Here are some of the reasons I choose natural deodorants, and why you might want to consider them as well.
- Fragrances – Most of the fragrances in use in commercial deodorants today are full of toxins.
- Toxic chemicals – Chemicals like pthalates and parabens are frequently used in commercial deodorants.
- Antiperspirants clog pores – Aluminum is used primarily as an antiperspirant. It works by temporarily clogging pores. Ewww! That doesn’t sound good. Sweat is healthy and a good way to remove toxins. So if you clog pores, then those toxins just hang around.
- Aluminum – Perhaps you’ve heard of a link between antiperspirants and breast cancer? Although it hasn’t been conclusively shown to be true, aluminum in the body has been found to cause estrogen-like effects when applied to the skin. And since estrogen can promote the growth of breast cancer cells, it’s possible that antiperspirants containing aluminum contribute to breast cancer. You can read more here about the connections between deodorants & antiperspirants and breast cancer.
- My Favorite Rule – I like to say “Don’t put anything on your body that you wouldn’t put in your body.” Which is like saying – if you wouldn’t eat it, don’t breathe it or apply it to your skin. Why? Because your skin – whether it’s in your digestive system, lungs, etc – absorbs everything that gets on it.
Have you considered using natural deodorants? Or have you tried some that just don’t seem to work? Mariposa Naturals has created a natural deodorant that really does works! It’s been tested during a South Texas Summer! Don’t take my word for it, read some of our deodorant testimonials.