These pancakes have been tweaked to make them healthier than the average pancakes. They make about 12 pancakes which will feed 4-6 people, depending on how many each person eats. I general eat 2 while my hubby likes to eat 3.
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (I use one with a mild flavor, you don’t even notice the flavor)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup raisin
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine milk, oats and flax seed and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix. I use a stick blender, but a blender or food processor will also work.
- Spray pan with olive oil and heat pan to medium heat.
- Use ¼ cup of mix for each pancake.
- Cook first side until bubbles appear and edges appear dry.
- Cook second side until done.
I like to serve them with warmed maple syrup.