In high school, I read The Double Helix and wanted to do the same type of research as Watson & Crick – the team that determined the structure of DNA. Lately, my laboratory is my kitchen, I experiment with foods, and my husband and friends are my guinea pigs. That’s been true for a while, but 2012 was the year of the quantum leap in cooking for me. It started on January 1st, 2012, when I found mushrooms, onions, and eggs in the fridge and create a Mushroom & Onion Frittata.
And so the year went pretty much that way. A year of creating new recipes. I toyed with being the Muffin Maven, but had to put that project on the shelf. I did get to spend a week at the Culinary Institute of America, thanks to my amazing hubby. And I learned a lot during that week. It was a week that was really hard, but it was oh so rewarding.
So it only makes sense that 2013 will be the year that I share what I have learned. I have a number of ideas on this. But most of the ideas been waiting on some kitchen work to be done at my house. Trust me, it was really necessary to have some work done before opening my kitchen for public viewing. Happily, I can report that the work will be completed this work!
Below I have listed my plans, so far. I have some other ideas as well, but want to start with these three.
- Cooking videos. They’ll be coming soon.
- Cooking classes – starting small by having these in my home.
- And last, but not least, a cookbook. I’m compiling a book of veggie recipes that will be available soon.
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015