Who doesn’t love fried okra? A compromise – pan fried okra uses some fat, but not near as much as deep fried okra. And you still get that yummy fried okra taste. This recipe is a HUGE hit at our house.
Pan Fried Okra
- 1 pound okra
- ½ cup organic corn meal
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Wash okra, cut off stems and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Don't let the okra dry too much as the water helps the corn meal stick.
- Combine okra, corn meal, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the okra.
- Cook, with stirring, until okra begins to brown.
After you make this recipe, please come back to https://mariposanaturals.com/recipes/pan-fried-okra/ and tell us how it turned out.