For years, I’ve made a spaghetti or pasta sauce that simmers all day long. It makes enough for many meals so I freeze it in servings for two. Recently, we wanted pasta but there was no sauce in the freezer. So, I created a quick pasta sauce. It cooked up in under an hour total time and is enough for 4 servings.
- Heat olive oil in a good size pot.
- Sauté onion and garlic until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir, and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili piquins, oregano, and basil.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.