I have always loved the puffy omelet. The texture from the beaten egg whites somehow changes the taste as well. Sometimes I like top a puffy omelet with cheese sauce. This version is simpler and has the cheese mixed in.
A delicious, airy dish for breakfast, brunch, or anytime.
Serves: 2 servings
- 4-5 pastured eggs (depending on size), separated
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
- White Pepper
- Ground toasted Coriander
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Separate the eggs. Hint: It's best to collect each egg white in a small cup or bowl and combine with other egg whites later. Even a small drop of yolk will prevent the whites from becoming stiff. If you happen to break a yolk into the egg white, simply combined that egg with the yolks.
- Add milk, cheese and seasonings to the egg yolks and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Do not over mix.
- Heat butter in a medium oven-proof skillet.
- Once the butter has melted, pour omelet mixture into skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until bottom begins to brown & edges start to dry. *Hint:* Use a spatula to peak at the underside.
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Bake until firm and beginning to brown. About 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.