Two years ago, I had never even heard of quinoa. Then we ran into it at Costco and I got curious. You can read more about quinoa here. Since then I’ve experimented with various quinoa recipes. In this recipe, we have quinoa as a salad with a Greek salad dressing. You can vary the vegetables to suit your preferences and what you have on hand.
I’ll be posting other quinoa recipes in the near future.
Quinoa A La Greek Salad
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, drained & cut in half
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Greek Salad Dressing
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
- Combine quinoa and vegetables.
- Add salad dressing and mix well.
- Serve on spinach or lettuce leaves.
After you make this recipe, please come back to http://mariposanaturals.com/recipes/quinoa-a-la-greek-salad/ and tell us how it turned out.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015
2 thoughts on “Quinoa A La Greek Salad”
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love, love, love quinoa in salads. There is an amazing spinach/quinoa salad that I got a few weeks ago from Green Vegetarian. Look forward to trying your recipe, since spinach is pretty much the only lettuce I like!
Thanks, Ashleigh. We don’t eat a lot of other “lettuces” either. Although, I have a tasty Kale salad coming up soon!