Okra is in season this time of year in South Texas. In fact, it’s one of the few veggies available locally in late summer. Here’s another way to serve it. This takes a bit of time, but is worth it for the taste!
Spicy Okra With Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced (keep seeds for spicier dish)
- 1 pound Okra, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Organic Tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Saute onions & garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeno and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add okra, vinegar and water to the saucepan.
- Add spices & stir.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
After you make this recipe, please come back to https://mariposanaturals.com/recipes/spicy-okra-with-tomatoes/ and tell us how it turned out.