This is a light pizza dish that can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer. I make my own pizza crust, but you can also buy pre-made crusts at the grocery. Also, some restaurants actually sell their dough balls.
Spinach, Tomato & Olive Pizza
Author: Barbara McNeely
- 2 oz grated mozzarella cheese (~1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Prepared, pre-baked pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Cut olives crosswise.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, olive oil, vinegar, garlic & pepper. For added flavor, allow the mixture to marinate overnight.
- Stir in the spinach and basil
- Spread tomato mixture on pre-baked pizza crust.
- Combine cheeses and spread evenly over pizza.
- Bake until hot & bubbly and cheese has melted – about 15 minutes.