For most of us, next week is Thanksgiving. At our house we are having it a week early. It worked out best work-wise and travel-wise for family coming to visit.
I am excited to see family. And I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner at the tender age of 20 for my now former in-laws. Even my first turkey wasn’t dry. I don’t always cook for Thanksgiving though, because it’s a lot of work. I don’t mind the work, as long as there are plenty of people coming to dinner!
My Thanksgiving meals are fairly traditional. Here are the plans:
- Turkey – I usually stuff it with dressing.
- Cornbread Stuffing/Dressing with giblet gravy
- Quinoa Dressing – I haven’t decided yet what this will be. I want to make a gluten-free dressing for one of our guests.
- Green Beans – My husband makes these green beans and they are delicious. They remind me of the green beans my grandmother in Tennessee made and canned.
- Home-made Cranberry Sauce – I have never liked the canned stuff, but this is to die for delicious!
- Sweet Potatoes – I’m still deciding how to cook these.
- Pecan Pie – I make my own pie shell now.
- Key Lime Pie – Contemplating a crust for this made with almond flour.
- Hot-n-Spicy Pecans – for snacking
- Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa – also for snacking
- Garlicky Roasted Cauliflower – Possibly
- Kale Salad – Possibly
- Pretty sure there will be more!
What are your Thanksgiving plans?
Like this post? Get more by signing up for my newsletter – “Mariposa Naturals.” | Creator of Natural Deodorant - that works!