We’ve been discussing sleep and insomnia for a few weeks now. I gave you some suggestions for when you were in the throes of insomnia. Then last week I had tips for preventing insomnia. But what happens when insomnia becomes chronic? Chronic insomnia can lead to other health issues as well as increase stress just from having to deal with it. We all need sleep.
It can be difficult to solve, but there are a number of suggestions that may help you with chronic insomnia.
Suggestions for Coping With Chronic Insomnia
Suggestions are listed below, in alphabetical order.
- Check any prescription or over the counter mdications as some of these can impact your sleep.
- Keep a journal of what you eat at night (or even all day) – on good & bad nights. Look for patterns.
- Lose weight. Being overweight increases your sleep apnea risk; which prevents restful sleep.
- Have a Massage.
- Try Meditation.
- Try a Melatonin supplement.
Have you had to deal with chronic insomnia? Did you find help?
Motel Insomnia Photo Courtesy mic000 via Flickr
Insomnia Photo Courtesy David van der Mark via Flickr
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015