I love to be active, but I do find it hard to squeeze it into my schedule. Years ago, I was doing aerobics 5 – 6 times a week. I would carry my workout clothes in the car and plan to go on the way home from work. It actually got a bit addictive. Now that I’m self-employed, it’s a bit different. I find that early morning is the best time for me to get in some movement. Find the time that’s best for you and stick to it.
Lately I’ve been trying different things to keep active during the day. One is stair climbing. Easy since I live in a 2 story house. Several times a day I’ll walk up and down the stairs 5 times, just for the health of it.
Some things that exercise will help with:
- Detox – When you exercise, you release toxins through your lungs and skin. This helps with detox and helps take a load off your liver.
- Muscle building – After all, muscle burns more calories than fat so why not have more?
- Digestion – Did you know this? Especially if your abdominal muscles get a workout. You might be surprised how many muscles are involved in digestion.
- Sleep – I find I fall asleep more readily and sleep better with regular exercise.
- Fight Depression – Get those endorphins pumping!
- Energy – You’ll definitely have more energy with regular exercise.
- Weight loss – Lose weight naturally while you’re burning more calories.
- Getting in Shape – A few well defined muscles will always look better than flab!
So, put down that phone, get off the computer, and get out there and MOVE!
Photo Courtesy sanchom via Flickr
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015