Whole Wheat Flax Seed Muffins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ¼ cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1¼ cup Milk
- ⅛ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Unsweetened, Organic Applesauce
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare muffin tins using paper liners; OR spray with olive oil or brush with melted butter.
- Combine dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and flax seed.
- Combine liquids, except butter: milk, maple syrup, applesauce, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add combined liquids to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Put mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling just to the top.
- Bake 15 - 25 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Makes 1 dozen regular size muffins or 3 - 4 dozen mini-muffins. (Mini-muffin tin sizes will vary)
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Where Am I Now? - March 9, 2016
- Of Cantaloupes and Cucumbers - April 28, 2015
- Antiperspirants Vs. Deodorants - March 31, 2015
2 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Flax Seed Muffins”
Can’t wait to try these out! I have been searching for a healthy muffin recipe and this is the best one (by far) that I have found.
Thanks, Nina. Let me know how they turn out!